Discover new places while learning Spanish language in Vitoria
La Rioja, San Sebastián, French-Basque Country, Bilbao and Guggenheim Museum, Weekend in Madrid, Water multi-adventure in the Aragon’s Pre-Pyrenees, Multi-adventure weekend in the Sobrón Natural Park, Weekend: Multi-adventure in the Europa Peaks, Pamplona and Roncesvalles, Burgos, Lerma and the Silos Monastery, The Route of the Spanish Language, with visits to the Monasteries of San Millán de la Cogolla and Santa María la Real de Nájera, as well as Santo Domingo de la Calzada, or to Santander, Santillana del Mar are some of the other excursions we offer. You can find this information at the school.
Excursion to La Rioja
An unforgettable trip, travelling through landscapes covered by vineyards, visiting walled towns and learning where and how the Rioja wine is manufactured, with a visit to the Thematic Wine Centre and to a wine cellar.
From Vitoria, we take the road that crosses the Herrera Mountain Pass. There, from the Balcón de la Rioja (La Rioja Balcony) we will enjoy a panoramic view of the entire La Rioja region, with its rolling hills covered by vineyards, its walled towns or hilltop villages.
Afterwards, we continue on to the medieval town of Laguardia, where we will take a walk through its historic streets, which are riddles by underground passageways and wine cellars.
Next, we will go to the Thematic Wine Centre, where we will discover the unique process of manufacturing wine in the La Rioja region. We will learn about how it is matured in wooden casks and aged in bottles, as well as which are the quality elements of wine.
We will also develop our senses of smell and taste in order to be prepared for the wine-tasting at the visit to a cellar, where wine is still manufactured in the traditional way.
We will conclude our visit with a special lunch where we can taste the typical products of this land, and finally with a visit to the Laguardia Lagoons.
- DEPARTURE: Sundays.
- DURATION: approximately 10 hours.
- INCLUDES: Transport from Vitoria to La Rioja, guide, lunch at a restaurant, tickets to the Thematic Wine Centre and to a typical cellar with wine tasting.
- MINIMUM and MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS: 4- 6 people.
Excursion to San Sebastián, Chillida Leku and Hondarribia
This is a guided visit, with transport included, to discover the beauty of San Sebastián and its surroundings.
We will visit the most typical places of the “Old Part”, and continue with a panoramic route through the city taking us to Mount Igueldo, where we will enjoy an incredible view over San Sebastián.
Next, we will go to Chillida Leku, an open-air sculpture museum.
After a small break for lunch on your own (you decide what you prefer: a sandwich, some tapas or lunch at a traditional cider cellar), we will go to a typical fishermen’s village: Hondarribia.
There, we will take a walk through the colourful streets of the La Marina quarter, with its multi-coloured fishermen’s houses. Finally, we take a boat trip on the bay.
- DEPARTURE: Saturdays.
- DURATION: approximately 12 hours.
- INCLUDES: Round trip public transport Vitoria-San Sebastián and private transport with guided visit through San Sebastián and Hondarribia, ticket to Chillida Leku, boat trip and insurance.
- MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS: 4– 6 people.
Excursion to Bilbao and Guggenheim Museum
This route through Bilbao will allow you to discover its most characteristic places and to experience the vibrant energy of this city, whose urban appearance is undergoing a deep transformation.
We will take a walk through the Old Part, to see the origins of the city and its many important historical buildings: the Santiago Cathedral, the Archaeology Museum, the La Ribera Market, the Arriaga Theatre…
Afterwards, a walk through the Doña Casilda Park and the Fine Arts Museum will take us to the Guggenheim Museum, with its impressive titanium architecture.
The visit to the Guggenheim is non-guided.
- DEPARTURE: Tuesday or Thursday afternoon.
- DURATION: 5 Approximately.
- INCLUDES: Round trip public transport Vitoria-Bilbao, guide in Bilbao, ticket to the Guggenheim Museum (non-guided visit) and insurance.
- MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS: 4 – 8 people.
Excursion to French-Basque Country and Hondarribia
On this excursion, you can explore the beauty of the French-Basque Country and discover the most charming spots of the city of Biarritz, the elegant spa town, where the noble buildings, such as the Gramont Castle, stand out.
Afterwards, we will go to San Juan de Luz, a beautiful fishing village with a magnificent beach. It also has a historic quarter with interesting buildings such as the Town Hall, the Luis XIV Square or the Church of San Juan Bautista.
- DEPARTURE: Saturday.
- DURATION: 8 hours approximately.
- INCLUDES: Round trip public transport Vitoria-San Sebastián and private transport with guided visit through the French-Basque Country and insurance.
- MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS: 4 – 6 people.
Weekend in Madrid on your own
Take this weekend trip if you want to go to Madrid to take a walk through the Plaza Mayor, visit the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofía Art Centre, the Royal Palace or go to the Warner Bros Park and enjoy the liveliness of the nights of Madrid.
- DEPARTURE: Friday 19:15 h. BACK: Sunday 21:00 h. approximately
- DURATION: Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning until 16:00 h. in Madrid.
- INCLUDES: Round trip by autopullman De-Luxe, accommodation (2 nights) in double room with bath in the Gran Hotel Colón *** or a similar hotel, two buffet breakfasts at the Hotel, accompanying guide, programme of optional visits and excursions (not included in the price).
Friendly version HTML