Tennis Camp in Spain 2013
Spanish course + tennis camp for teens (14 -17 years old)
Tennis Summer camp in Spain with all inclusive: tennis summer camp, spanish lessons, full board residential accommodation, activities and excursions and insurance. Transfer on request.
2, 3, 4, 6… up to 8 week Spanish courses plus junior tennis camp with Spanish teens in July and August in Alicante, Mediterranean Coast of Spain.
Tennis Camp for teenagers overview
- Spanish and intensive tennis training 2, 3, 4… up to 8 week Tennis Summer Camp and Spanish lessons for teenagers from 14 to 17 years old in July and August in Alicante.
Tennis Summer Camp for teenagers includes
- Intensive tennis instruction in a Tennis School in Alicante to prepare young tennis players for tournaments (15-17 hours per week).
- Spanish course for teenagers with 3 Spanish lessons per day from Monday to Friday in the afternoon
- Full board Residence/Dormitory accommodation,
- Cultural visits, trips and other activities, where teenagers will be accompanied by a group leader
- 1 full day excursion per week, usually on Saturday
- 1 day walking tour in Alicante and games in one of the beaches in Alicante, usually on Sunday.
- Local transports tickets.
- Tickets for the museums, monuments, amusement parks…
- Travel, medical and accident insurance.
- Group leaders sleep at the Residence/Dormitory, accompany teenagers to the Tennis Camp, have lunch with them at the Tennis Club Restaurant, coordinate the movements of the group, check eating habits of campers, and conflict resolution, work for the safety of the campers and have meetings every day with Zador School Director. There is one group leader every 10/15 students.
- Transfer from/to Alicante airport upon request.
Tennis Summer Camp for teenagers
From 10:00 – 13:30 Tennis Camp (Monday to Friday), with specialised tennis coaches to prepare young tennis players for tennis tournaments.
2, 3, 4… up to 8 week Tennis Summer Camp and Spanish lessons for teenagers from 14 to 17 years old in July and August in Alicante.
- To participate in the Tennis Summer Camp players must have an acceptable level to compete, must be young tennis players usually playing tennis tournaments or registered in a tennis school or in a tennis club.
- The central point of the “Tournament Tennis Camp” will be the combination of training sessions, specially aimed at competition situations, with training support in national tournaments of all categories.
- If tennis players want to, they can take part in tournaments organised by some tennis clubs of the province (Elche, Villajoyosa…) and/or they can also do it in the tennis club itself that may organise 2 or 3 tennis tournaments per month. The trainer accompanies tennis players, and the trip is included. The registration in the tennis tournament is not included in the price.
- Tennis Summer Camp is the perfect finishing for the annual programming of tennis training for an advanced level player because, for 2, 4, 6 or 8 weeks, players can develop the technical and tactical skills they have acquired during the year in real tennis competition situations.
- The central point of “Tournament Tennis Camp / Summer 2012“ will be the combination of tennis training sessions, specially aimed at competition situations, with training support in national tournaments of all categories. In this sense, the great variety of competitions in the summer calendar of the Alicante Province offers youth tennis players the possibility to play an official tournament every week of the tennis camp.
- Finally, the aforementioned central point of the tennis camp completes with a series of theory lessons, alternative sports, and parallel activities integrating and perfecting the “stage” main objectives.
Tennis summer camp focused on a high frequency of tennis training sessions -5 days per week, 3 hours 30 minutes per day-, with the main goal of establishing the acquired technical skills and of developing new ones.
All this is carried out by means of a methodology that has been awarded the prize for ‘the best tennis school in Spain’ twice by the Registro Profesional de Tenis.
Tennis School in Alicante
Premises of the tennis school in Alicante
- 60,000 m2 surface
- 21 tennis courts (17 clay courts, 4 hard courts),
- 2 front tennis courts,
- 2 football pitches -7 (clay),
- 4 paddle courts
- A cardiovascular and muscle-building gym (200 m2 surface),
- A summer Olympic pool of 50 x 21 metres, and a second one for splashing.
- A TV-room and a reading-room (both with access to a terrace),
- A room for board games,
- Café and restaurant.
- Sports shop Match-1,
- A children’s area
Spanish course for teenagers
Teenagers go every day from Monday to Friday to Zador Spanish School to attend a special Spanish language course for teens from 16:00 to 18:30 h.
Zador Spanish language school in Alicante occupies the first floor of a restored historical building, situated right in the Alicante city centre.
The Spanish language school is very well situated. It is 7-10 minutes on foot from the beach, in a very dynamic and commercial area of Alicante city centre.
Our General Spanish immersion courses for teenagers make use of an active, practical and communicative methodology to guarantee that students learn Spanish as fast and effectively as possible.
Spanish language course for teenagers:
- Teenagers work on a variety of skills: Speaking and Fluency, Interaction, Listening and Reading Comprehension, Writing.
- There is a great focus on oral skills so that teenagers develop an ability to communicate in Spanish language.
- Nevertheless, Spanish lessons for teens go far beyond that: they are an opportunity to learn about Spanish culture as well as a meeting point for people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures trying to find out more about Spanish habits, traditions, national celebrations (the “fiestas”) and ways of living in Spain.
- Junior students learn Spanish in small groups, with a maximum of 7 kids per class.
Spanish lessons in small groups:
- Spanish classes in mini gorup allow to get the most from our personalized teaching,
- facilitate active and dynamic participation in class,
- maximize the use of classroom interaction techniques, thus facilitating the ability to speak Spanish fluently.
Spanish lessons last 45 minutes and in all the Junior Programmes students receive the book and lesson material.
- Spanish levels: From Beginners to Intermediate.
- Duration 2, 4, 6 or 8 weeks.
- Classes timetable Spanish lessons in the afternoon. 16:00- 18:30 usually.
- Teaching material Material and/or book included in the Course price.
- Age 14 - 17 years old.
- Requirements None.
- Spanish course description “Above all, we want students to enjoy their Spanish learning experience in Spain."
- To achieve this goal, Spanish classes are: Entirely in Spanish, so that teens can constantly use Spanish language. Efficient - so that you can learn as quickly as possible. Based on actual communicative reality, Entertaining, because when we have fun, we are motivated and we learn more.
Residential accommodation for teenagers
Living in a residence gives the teenagers the opportunity to practice their Spanish with other students from all over the world.
- The residence has been carefully chosen by Zador Spanish school staff.
- During the school year it accommodates students from University
- Residence is fully equipped with modern facilities. Cafeteria, Library, Laundry and air conditioning combined with several living rooms to relax or watch TV and the possibility to play handball and basketball on special courts on the grounds. Swimming pool, computer area...
- The residence provides the bed linen and towels, but they must bring their own towels for the beach.
- Students will have laundry once or twice a week and they should keep their room clean and tidy.
- As in any other residence there are some norms the students have to respect. At the beginning of the stay our staff members will make them familiar with the Residence rules.
- All the students should arrive the evening before the beginning of the Tennis and Spanish Summer Camp and leave the accommodation the day after the end of the Summer Camp. Days before or after are considered extra nights.
- There are Group leaders from Zador sleeping at the residence with the students, having breakfast and dinner and organizing evening activities.
Meals at the Summer Camp
Regarding the meals, players will have full board:
- Breakfast: Breakfast in Spain usually consists of juice or yogurt, hot chocolate, tea or coffee with milk, bread or biscuits, butter and jam or cereals.
- During the week, from Monday to Friday students taking part in the Tennis Camp have lunch at the Restaurant of the Tennis Club with Zador group leaders. Students have a menu with 3 courses every day (starters, meat or fish and dessert).
- On Saturday and Sunday students receive usually a packed lunch with two sandwiches (“bocadillos”), fruit and drink, thus students can enjoy the excursions and trips or the beach with Zador School group leaders.
- Dinner is around 21:00 or 21:30 at the residence
Special requirements: students with special dietary requirements should make a note in the enrolment.
Activities and excursions
In the South part of the Valencia Region, Alicante is located 185 Km from Valencia, 60 Km from Elche, near beautiful villages such Villajoyosa, Calpe, Altea....
Alicante combines classicism with modernity, and even mountain and beach: Cultural visits, culture, monuments, mediterranean gastronomy, games at the beach…
After the Spanish lessons and during the weekend, all these things will make the perfect language immersion abroad for teenagers.
- From Monday to Friday activities take approximately 2 hours depending on the activity.
- On Saturday or Sunday, the full day excursion takes approx. 8 hours.
- When a ticket entrance or a transport is necessary, the price is included in the cost.
- Transport could be public or private (decision to be taken by Zador).
Zador leaders will accompany teenagers during the activities.
Activities for teens at the Summer Camp:
The activities below are a selection of the most interesting activities for juniors; they change every week and teens will take part in the activities planned during their stay:
- Visit to the Santa Barbara castle in Alicante: One of the biggest medieval fortresses in Europe.
- Bonfire Museum to know more about Fiestas in Alicante.
- Amusement Parks: Half or full day excursion to Terra Mítica Amusement Park., Terra Natura, animal Park. Aqualandia, aquatic Park or Mundomar Park.
- Elche with the greatest palm grove in Europe: and World Cultural Heritage.
- Island of Tabarca: excursion on boat trip to the Island.
- Valencia, the City of Arts and Sciences:
- Excursion to Calpe.
- Excursion to Jijona visiting the Museum of Turrón to discover how to do the most typical Spanish sweet for Christmas.
- Excursion to Villajoyosa excursion visiting the Chocolate Museum.
- Other activities: Clue game through the city, games in the beach, shopping afternoon...
Transfer and insurance
- Transfer service from Alicante airport on request:
Alicante has excellent connections with other cities in Spain and Europe. The majority of the students arrive by plane. The Alicante airport (El Altet) is located 11 km from Alicante and it takes about 30 min from the airport to the city centre. There are domestic and international flights that connect Alicante to the main European and Spanish cities.
Transfer service from Alicante airport, bus station or train station is NOT included in the package price.
If you want to contract this service, fill in the corresponding section in the enrolment form, specifying clearly the Airline, the flight number, the date and time of your arrival. A representative of the Spanish school will pick students up at the airport and bring them directly to the Residence.
Since Alicante airport is small, you will quickly see a person with your name that will be waiting for you when you exit the terminal.
All the teenagers are covered by a medical, accident and travel insurance, especially designed to cover contingencies in foreigners´ trips taken in Spain.
Tennis Summer Camp for teenagers 2013
Starting dates: 30 June, 14 July, 28 July, 4 August, 11 August
Prices for tennis camp for teenagers:
- 2 week Tennis Summer Camp: € 1,990
- 3 week Tennis Summer Camp: € 2,870
- 4 week Tennis Summer Camp: € 3,695
- 5 week Tennis Summer Camp: € 4,525
- 6 week Tennis Summer Camp: € 6,850
Please, consult us if you want to start on other dates or if you want more weeks.
Pick-up and drop-off from Alicante airport on request: Price per person and transfer.
- 2 friends or people from the same family coming together, pay only 1.
- For arrivals from 9:00 to 21:00 : € 55
- For prior or later arrivals: €75
- For departures from 11:00 to 21:00: € 55
- For prior or later departures: € 75
- Waiting hour or fraction: € 20
- Escort service for minors for departure: € 30 (amount to add to the transfer service)
Enrol in the Tennis Summer Camp in Spain
Online Summer Camp booking
or... if you prefer, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive the enrolment form by email.
Tennis Summer Camp brochure