Youth Basketball camp in Alicante Spain
Youth Basketball Camp in Alicante Spain
Youth Basketball camp in Spain with all inclusive: Basketball training Camp in the morning, Spanish lessons for teens in the afternoon, full board hotel-residence or host family accommodation, activities and excursions, insurance. Transfer on request.
1 or 2-week Spanish language programme and Basketball Training Camp for Teenagers with Spanish teens in July in Alicante, Mediterranean Coast of Spain.
1 or 2-week Spanish language programme plus Basketball training camp for teens (basketball camp for boys and girls between 14 and 17 years old) in July in Alicante, Mediterranean Coast of Spain.
Youth Basketball Summer Camp in Alicante Spain includes:
- Basketball training camp in the morning, Monday to Friday.
- Spanish course for teenagers with 3 Spanish lessons per day from Monday to Friday in the afternoon
- Full board Residential or Host family accommodation,
- Cultural visits, trips and other activities, where teenagers will be accompanied by a group leader
- 1 full day excursion per week, usually on Sunday
- 1 day walking tour in Alicante and games in one of the beaches in Alicante, usually on Sunday.
- Local transports tickets.
- Tickets for the museums, monuments, amusement parks…
- Group leaders sleep at the Residence/Dormitory, accompany teenagers to the Basketball facilities, have lunch with them at the Hotel Restaurant, coordinate the movements of the group, check eating habits of campers, and conflict resolution, work for the safety of the campers and have meetings every day with Zador School Director. There is one group leader every 10/15 participants.
- Optional Transfer from/to Alicante airport on request.
Basketball training camp for youth in Alicante features
- Basketball training sessions in Spanish and English (4 hours per day Monday to Friday)
- Proffesional and experienced basketball coaches and assistants from Spain, Serbia and the USA.
- An average of 4 hours per day is devoted to basketball: basketball lectures, training focused on individual technique, group training and competitions.
- Intense basketball training with a variety of basketball drills is used to achieve optimum results.
- A ratio of 1 coach per 6-8 players to ensure youth baksetball players receive personalised basketball training and support.
- The basketball training camp will develop both individual and team techniques. Competitions are important, but not as much as developing individual basketball skills.
- Players receive healthy snacks and bottled water during training sessions.
- The camp is designed for youth basketball players who seriously want to improve their game.
Basketball training camp for youth in Alicante contents
- Warm-up and stretching with a professional physical trainer
- Individual technique stations with focus on basketball fundamentals: Intense ball handling drills, shooting off the dribble, pass and play, receptions, playing basketball without the ball, defense balance, defense pressure, etc.
- Dribble and shoot sessions: Drills in real shooting situations designed to correct mistakes, improve technique and to help ypung basketball players perfect their skills: free throws, three-pointers, pull up jump shots, step back jump shots, spin moves, euro step, etc.
- Stations to develop basketball teamwork with focus on reading the defense; passing situations; use of locks; and 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 games and competitions.
Basketball eligible players
This is a Youth Basketball Training Camp for campers from the age of 14 to 17 who already have a minimum of 4-5 years of playing experience. International Basketball Summer Camp, taught by real basketball coaches, are intended for intermediate and advanced basketball players —both girls and boys— for teenagers who want to take their basketball abilities and personal skills to a higher level. The Camp is designed for players who are serious about improving their game.
Basketball Summer Camp in Alicante is opened to individuals and group of players, friends, playing in the same team or in different basketball teams.
Basketball Coaches and assistant coachesDavid Gil, senior basketball coach and assistant coach in the ACB-Spanish League, is the sports consultant in charge of planning training sessions. Camp coaches include Mladen Jegdic, FIBA senior coach; Shay Miller West, professional basketball player; Sabino Suárez, senior coach and other senior coaches.
Basketball Camp facilities in Alicante
Indoor or semi-indoor facilities in a sports hall in a private school and in a private basketball club.
Youth basketball players train every morning in a semi-indoor sports hall or in an indoor basketball court depending on the weather conditions. The basketball facilities are carefully selected to ensure the best conditions for players and avoid the heat and humidity of the summer months on the Mediterranean coast.
2 Sports Halls (12 hoops) near the hotel 10 or 15 minutes walking. Provided transports when needed. Both venues have female and male changing rooms and toilets, and comply with all safety requirements established by law.