Children Summer camp with host family accommodation
Homestay Summer Camps for kids in Alicante Spain
Full board Summer Camps for kids in Alicante with host family accommodation.
* Also possible Day Camp witouth accommodation.
Host families in the Alicante city centre
The majority of the host families live within walking distance from the school. A person from the host family or a Zador staff member accompanies the kids every day.
The families are selected and visited regularly and they usually have children with a similar age to the students. In all of them, children will fi nd a warm atmosphere that will help them get integrated into the family very quickly.
Twin or triple room
Shared rooms are recommended for younger kids and for children with a low Spanish level. Two or three kids in the same family can help each other to break linguistic isolation and develop mutual support. Single room on request.
Full board with 4 meals and 2 snacks
Breakfast, morning snack, lunch (at the Sports Club on Monday to Friday, in the family or on excursions on Saturday or Sunday), afternoon snack, and dinner with the family.
- Breakfast: Breakfast in Spain usually consists of juice or yogurt, hot chocolate, bread or biscuits, butter and jam or cereals. Breakfast is between 8:30 and 9:00h.
- Snack: Sandwich (“bocadillo”) or fruit and water or juice during the Sport Camp between 10:30 and 11:00 h.
- Lunch: : During the week, from Monday to Friday students will have lunch at the Camp Restaurant with 3 courses (starters, meat or fish and dessert).
- Snack: Sandwich (“bocadillo”) or fruit and water or juice at the Spanish School or during the free time activities approx. 18:30 h.
- On Saturday they have lunch with the host family. Lunch time in Spain is between 2.00 p.m. and 3 p.m. and it is the biggest meal during the day and it is usually the meeting the whole family.
- On Sunday children receive usually a packed lunch with two sandwiches (“bocadillos”), fruit and drink, thus they can enjoy the excursions and trips or they have lunch at the restaurant of the Amusement Park.
- Diner: Dinner is around 21:00 or 21:30 during the week and there is not a fixed time during the weekends.
- Children with special dietary requirements should make a note in the enrolment.
Students will have laundry twice a week. Please, bring enough clothes for the camp.
Some notes about living with a host family
Host families are representative of Spanish society. Families with or without children, retired couples without children... Many of the families selected have children. However, we cannot guarantee that your interest will be compatible in all respects. You must bear this in mind, since living with a Spanish family involves adjusting to different habits and life styles and you have to explain all of this to your kids. You need to prepare your child to discover a country that has a different culture as his own.
Phone calls and Internet
Children must use calling cards. The family should be notified if students want to make reverse charge calls. To receive phone calls the limited time is around 10.30 p.m. Internet and phone access varies by family. Most families have access to the Internet and you can talk and see your child on Skype. However access to the Internet varies depending on the family.
Remember that the student should pay their own expenses on excursions (ice-creams, beverages and some souvenirs…) We suggest around € 10-15 per day as pocket money.
Some general notes
- Arrival the Sunday before the Summer Camp and departure the Saturday after finishing the Programme.
- For extra nights before or after the camp, consult us about availability.
- The family provides bed linen, but kids must bring their own towels for the beach and the sport camp. Children taking part at the water sports camp must bring 2 or 3 towels. The rest of the campers have to bring a towel for the sport camp and at least another one for the beach.
- Kids should keep their room clean and tidy, and share the housework with the rest of the family (“small tasks”).
- Phone calls and Internet: Children must use calling cards. The family should be notified if students want to make reverse charge calls. To receive phone calls the limited time is around 10.30 p.m. Internet and phone access varies by family.
- A week before the arrival you will be sent all the information related to the family and an email to contact them before arrival just to introduce them. *We provide parents all the information about the host family (house description and photos, personal details, hobbies, profession, age…. Of course, if parents want, the can visit the Host family).